probable psp

This topic is for information and sharing exchanges between PSP and CBD patients.

Moderators: Moderator, phpBB2 - Administrators

probable psp

Postby minnie5 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:30 pm

currently being tested at mayo for probable psp. however, to my knowledge ct scans and mri were normal or at least rulled out other possible causes witch led to a parkensonism dx over a year ago. and while symptoms seem to be getting worse and traditional parkenson medicine is have little or no effect in addition to the gaze palsy, wouldnt an additional mri scan with normal results exclude the possibility of a psp dx?
minnie5

Postby eplowman » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:08 pm

Minnie,

I'm sorry you are having to face these troubling symptoms and possibilities. I wish for you the best, whatever you learn at Mayo.

Do you live with or close to family members? If it turns out you do have PSP or something similar, you will need help.

Sad to say, my short answer to your question above is "No."

To see my full answer, please go to the General Discussion area, and read my reply in the "Negative MRI scan" topic. Others will be posting replies there, as well, I'm sure.

ed p.
|My wife of 56 years was Rose b. 1930, dx 1999, symptoms from 1997; d. 06/21/08; PSP-rs autopsy confirmed.
eplowman

Postby Robin » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:51 pm

Which Mayo are you being seen at and by which physician? Some of their locations seem better than others. For example, Dr. Brad Boeve at Mayo Rochester is an excellent clinician who knows a lot about PSP and CBD.
Robin

Postby minnie5 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:31 am

I am going to the one in Phoenix AZ, MN would have been a little bit closer but they put me on a waiting list, and AZ had an openning. I have been very pleased with the care and treatment thus far with them. Please check out my repost in the forum mentioned above for more complete detail of my situation. Thank you all for your quick responses, It helps a lot!
minnie5

Postby Meerkat » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:38 pm

Minnie,
Four years ago we drove down to the Mayo in Floria, just walked in and on the spot was arranged to be seen by one of the neurologists who sadly confirmed my husband's prior diagnosis. Since Mayo is nationawide, you may be able to do the same thing there in the West even if they put you on the waiting list.
Best wishes,
Sophie
Meerkat

Return to For PSP/CBD Patients Only