Porch Settin'

Moderators: Moderator, phpBB2 - Administrators

Porch Settin'

Postby willru602 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:40 pm

Now I know y'all are busy and you don't think you have time to porch set. Let me tell you sumthin'...porch settin' is the best thang you kin do fer stress! You jes git in one of 'em cheers and start rockin' and afore you know it all yore troubles will jes melt down and you'll be atalkin' 'bout thangs you ain't thought about in yers. Well...(that's a southern term), when I git to rockin' I start to thinkin' 'bout "first times"..you know, like the first time you wuz kissed, first time you milked a cow, first time you visited Victoria's Secret!

Well, it's been a long time since I spun a tale on The BacK Porch and I sure do miss it but some of you know that after my PSP hubby died in 2010, I met a wonderful man whom I married, so my Porch Settin' has changed somewhat. We met on a Senior Dating site and the rest is history. My new hubby says I should write a book since he's discovered my fancy for spinning tales, most of which are true but with a hint of color. I'm sure many are gone who were here during the time of my hubby's battle with PSP but I still see some familiar names who continue to lend support and valuable information to those who are here. The Back Porch was an escape for me when I thought I couldn't face another most lonely day of my life. It was refreshing to "hear" laughter from my friends who were going through those trying times just as I was. I don't come to this Porch often anymore but wherever I am I find myself spinning my stories because I love the sound of laughter! If I ever write that book I'll be sure and leave a note on The Back Porch...shoot...I may as well put the book out here!

To those of you who are new to porch talk let me say, don't be a stranger out cheer. It's the place to come and jes open up and talk 'bout anythang but sickness, have a glass of cold ice tea or lemonade or whatever all you yankees drank..hehe... It won't be long till watermelon time here in the deep south (Alabama) and I can't wait to set my gums in one of 'em rashers! And if I kin git across the street this weekend to visit the Rattlesnake Rodeo then I'll be spinning y'all a snake tale next week. Check it out on Google if yer interested...just put in rattlesnake rodeo and top of the list will be the link to Opp Rattlesnake Rodeo...even a video of the 2010 event...check it out.

God bless every single one of you and may He bring peace and comfort to you in these very difficult days!

Ru
http://photobucket.com/albums/i76/willru602/
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
willru602

Re: Porch Settin'

Postby TonyGee » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:18 pm

willru602 wrote:... when I git to rockin' I start to thinkin' 'bout "first times"..you know, like the first time you wuz kissed, first time you milked a cow, first time you visited Victoria's Secret! ...

Now you're not going to make me talk about that are you? LOL
TonyGee

Postby Robin » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:07 pm

Ru,
Always good to see your name as a poster...
Take care,
Robin
Robin

Postby eplowman » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:51 pm

Ru,

So good to see you still sharing life's humor. Do you still do clown appearances? Do you still hang out with kids in Sunday school on occasion? :D

I travel I-20 between Birmingham and Tuscaloosa on occasional trips between northern Virginia and Texas. But I've forgotten -- how far off I-20 might you be?

And, if it's not too personal, did you marry a widower? I've been researching for a book project I need to hurry up and get out the door to a publisher. It's about and for widows and widowers who connect and marry in later life (and for their adult kids!). The theme is "finding life and love after loss." I've visited with and interviewed scores of such couples across the country. Great stories, great insights, good advice for others.

Keep rockin' and enjoyin'!

ed p.
|My wife of 56 years was Rose b. 1930, dx 1999, symptoms from 1997; d. 06/21/08; PSP-rs autopsy confirmed.
eplowman

Return to The Back Porch