Thinking about my dad ♥

Moderators: Moderator, phpBB2 - Administrators

Thinking about my dad ♥

Postby jenny » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:10 pm

I have not been on the forum in a while but I have been thinking about my dad a lot lately. He passed away on 12/30/2005 and I miss him everyday. My daughter, Michelle, was 2 years old when he died and I have kept his memory alive by telling her stories about her Grandpa Jerry. After he died, we would always see butterflies and they would come and stay by my daughter. I told Michelle that it was Grandpa Jerry coming to visit her because he is her guardian angel. To this day, when we are outside and we see a butterfly Michelle always says, "hi Grandpa Jerry". Michelle is now 8 years old and I know that my dad is with her in spirit. She just had her 3rd grade recorder concert and she participated in her Science Fair at school. Everytime she participates in something she always asks me what Grandpa Jerry would have thought and would he have been proud of her. It is hard when I look around the room and see all of the grandpa's and their grandchildren at these events. I wish that my dad could have lived to see the wonderful girl Michelle has become. She is a sweet child with a very caring heart. PSP robbed my daughter of growing up with the most wonderful grandfather a kid could ask for. I pray that there is a cure for this horrible disease. Thank you for letting me share my thoughts with you. May God bless everyone on their journey with this terrible disease.
My Dad was diagnosed with PSP 9/05 and left this Earth for Heaven on 12/30/2005.
jenny

Re: Thinking about my dad ♥

Postby Robin » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:54 pm

Jenny,

Thanks for sharing your story about your daughter and your father. That's a sweet connection they will always have. It was lucky your father got to spend lots of time with your daughter before he died.

I remember you from years ago as you were asking about lithium at the time. We had a local group member who tried lithium and nearly died. We in the PSP community are indebted to the courageous people like her who participate in clinical trials!

Robin
Robin

Re: Thinking about my dad ♥

Postby Loulouob » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:15 pm

I lost my dear father, God rest his soul, last April. My daughter is 7 and we say the same thing about butterflies. It's really amazing! It's nice to know we aren't the only ones.
Loulouob

Return to The Back Porch