Come on out to the Back Porch!

Moderators: Moderator, phpBB2 - Administrators

Come on out to the Back Porch!

Postby willru602 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:22 pm

Now listen up, I got sumthin' to tell ya'll! Come on now...down to the south end and grab yore self a rocker, maybe a glass of cool lemonade...rockin' is good fer stress... Here's the news...

I met the most wonderful man whose wife (COPD) had passed away same the month as my (PSP) husband (April, 2010). We got married Feb. 18, 2011 in N.O., LA and spent our honeymoon in San Antonio, TX! Never thought I'd live again but God knew His plans for me and for my sweet new husband! I'm 70 and he's 76...hehe.... God is sooo good... My prayers to all of you who are just entering the journey, those still fighting the battle and for those who are struggling with the emptiness of being alone...

For those who don't know me, my husband suffered from PSP for more than 10 years after diagnosis. This PSP Forum was a tower of strength for me during those long hard years and even though their loved one is gone, some are still here supporting you....my hat is off to each of you!! You know who I'm talking about...

I ain't got much time for porch settin' these days but we did go to Walmart and pick up a couple of those reclinin' lounge chairs to put in the sun room...it's real nice to have someone to waste away these "used to be" lonely nights!

OK...that's it....got more tales to spin with ya when I kin git myself to settle down but got to go and help the new member of my family now...haha

When I come back, I hope to find the porch full of folks! Like I said, porch settin' is good for stress...so keep rockin' till I see ya'll again!

Lots of love and prayers
Ru
http://photobucket.com/albums/i76/willru602/
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
willru602

Postby Robin » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:03 pm

Ru,
Wow! Congratulations!
Robin
Robin

Postby eplowman » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:38 am

Ru,

Wonderful!!!

Is how you two lovebirds met a secret? If not, inquiring minds would like to know....

Prayers and best wishes for a long and happy life together.

ed p.
|My wife of 56 years was Rose b. 1930, dx 1999, symptoms from 1997; d. 06/21/08; PSP-rs autopsy confirmed.
eplowman

Postby willru602 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:56 am

How we met is no secret, Ed...lol. I don't recommend that everyone find their special someone on the Senior Dating site but that was the beginning for us. He was there and I bookmarked him b/c he was within 100 miles of Opp...M'gomery to be exact. We talked and after awhile decided to meet half way...at a State Park...picnic...there's more but will save it for your inquiring mind..lol.

I sent you an email last night...would like to email you a song (written and sung by Ervin) if that's ok?

Ru
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
willru602

Anniversary

Postby Alice Gillam » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:24 pm

A little information from our back porch, my husband [pwpsp] and I just celebrated our 45 th. wedding anniversary today. We rode around on our golf cart enjoying the fall colors and driving through the colored leaves that have fallen. Beautifull sunny day. He doesn't mind that I have a strap around him so he doesn't reach down for something and topple out. We are fortunate that he is able to get outside, he always loves it, always has.[Congrats on your marriage Ru]. alice & bud
Alice Gillam

Anniversary

Postby willru602 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:47 am

Happy Anniversary Alice and Bud! What a wonderful memory this will be! Not every day can be this beautiful but squeeze the best from every day that you are together!
And thank you for the congrats...we're coming up on 8 months....we celebrate every month! LOL
Ru
willru602

Return to The Back Porch