haven't heard from you all in such a while

Moderators: Moderator, phpBB2 - Administrators

haven't heard from you all in such a while

Postby ruthkri » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:35 pm

Hi everyone . Haven't heard from anyone in such a while. Is the porch empty now.? Has anyone heard how Richard is doing? Need to get back to rocking with some new news. I'm doing fine. Had my hip replaced 7 weeks ago. It was an easy no brainer and quick recovery and I feel quite blessed because I had something that could be fixed. Am walking and rarinfg to go- no pain and lots of energy. Lets hear from you guys. Ruth
wife of Bud who received his golden wings March 4, 2007
And now abideth Faith, Hope and Love and the greatest
of these is Love
ruthkri

Postby Crazy Mary » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:23 pm

Ruth,
Glad to hear your surgery went well and you are doing so well. I've been busy with my oldest daughter and her family due to her chrone's disease.That and fixing what I've broken around here has kept me busy. Summer chores you know.
Take care
Mary
wife of Bruce 54 years old diag.2003 symptoms since 2001. Freed of PSP on Aug. 19th 2008
Crazy Mary

Hi Ruth and everyone else

Postby Jeff Hawkins » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:11 pm

Like you I often think of Richard and wonder how he is. Pleased that your hip op went ok and will be soon bouncing off the walls.
A bit about me. PSP is still slowly progressing which is a bit of luck. Can still drive but avoid going to far as I get a bit tired if I am not careful. Gwenda and I am in the process of selling the 79 Camaro. Shame but we want to buy a motorhome and wander around NZ for a while. Just spent a week at our beach house at Whangamata with the 4 youngest grandchildren. Even though it is winter here we were lucky to have fine weather and the kids even went for a swim or two. Braver than me! Had a bit of a scare a couple of weeks ago when our eldest grandchild, Courtney was hit by a van running a red light and spent several days in hospital in an induced coma. Fortunatly no lasting damage but is at home recovering from concussion and a broken collarbone apart from other bumps and bruises. It is amazing how the young bounce back. It makes you realise how precious life is.
That's a quick update of my life in a nutshell. First post for a while. I'll try to be better in the future but don't hold your breathe!!
Nohoia Kaha (Stay strong),

Jeff
Jeff Hawkins

thanks for reply

Postby ruthkri » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:39 pm

Dear Jeff, So good to hear from you. Good for you and Gwenda with your adventures. Gwenda will always relive them in the far , far future. My life is full of memories and I get such pleasure from them and feel that Bud is still here with me with every memory. I've been to Grad parties and church, the grocery store but not much more. I am amazed how well I am now walking but will not venture far from home as yet. It has been unusually hot here but very beautiful with spot showers and lots of flowers. Keep up the good stuff. Haven't heard from Richard and think of him often especially with the gulf oil spill and his living on the coast. Will try to contact him LOve Ruth
wife of Bud who received his golden wings March 4, 2007
And now abideth Faith, Hope and Love and the greatest
of these is Love
ruthkri

Return to The Back Porch