pow wow

Moderators: Moderator, phpBB2 - Administrators

pow wow

Postby Crazy Mary » Mon May 25, 2009 10:56 pm

Brenda, The Powwow was here in Missouri in Columbia and the Booneville Fair grounds. It went well, it was good to see the people Bruce and I had spent so much time with. But it was also hard because of his not being there. There was laughter as we told stories of his antics and tears due to his not being with us.
The Pow wow itself was not a big one but I did okay. I don't have my art posted anywhere because I haven't figured out how to do that yet.
I know it may not sound like much,but I collected $51.50 for PSP research and people took the info along with the donation envelopes. A very nice young lady who was doing interviews for her college paper came to my stand. We started out talking about things that had to do with Pow wow and ended up talking about Bruce and PSP. She was taping our conversation and promised she would be adding it to her story she was doing for the paper. She asked my permission to use my name so maybe thats a sign she will be true to her word. However sense I am having such a reponse to the displays I have out and will be atleast trying to do other pow wows I am going to see if they will send me more pamphlets for handouts.
The only thing that seemed to bother me was that it was dusty very very dusty. I wore a face mask and that was a dusty beige color when I took it off the dust was so thick. My allergies were acting up badly and I did have to leave a little early. But I'm feeling better now that I am home.
Pepper went with me,as she use to go with Bruce and I all the time. She was acting up a little,then the drum started and she was old self. She layed down at my feet and enjoyed the extra attention she was getting. I think we were both wore out by the time we got home,but in a good way.
We didn't make the cemetary today but my girls and I are going to go together this week.
Take care all
Mary
wife of Bruce 54 years old diag.2003 symptoms since 2001. Freed of PSP on Aug. 19th 2008
Crazy Mary

Return to The Back Porch