psprecognition.com -- closed

Moderators: Moderator, phpBB2 - Administrators

psprecognition.com -- closed

Postby grannysandim » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:16 am

Notice from Moderator:

Sandi regretfully has had to close her PSPrecognition website due to technical reasons. See the announcement in the General Discussion section for further word. Many of our members will be saddened by this development.

So that you know the background, we are leaving in place Sandi's initial information about the problems she encountered, along with the comments others offered.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that the psprecognition site might be down for a little while. I ran into some problems and had to sell my business and with that need to move the psprecognition site off the new owner's server.

I have located a new web host and they will be working on moving it to their system prior to September 1, 2008. Hopefully the site will not be down long if at all. I will also be talking to them about fixing the problem with pictures so that everyone can add their own pic's as orginally intended.

Please be patient and I will keep you informed.

God Bless
Sandi
wife of Les dx 04/5/05 PSP and dx 5/11/05 Bulbar onset ALS with Frontotemporal LobarDementia - final journey July 13, 2006
--Place info about your loved one with PSP at http://www.psprecognition.com
grannysandim

Postby eplowman » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:08 pm

Sandy,

You also may want to copy the content of this post as a =REPLY= in the psprecognition sticky topic in General Discussion. You can delete it later when the new link is up and running.

Just a thought.

ed p.
|My wife of 56 years was Rose b. 1930, dx 1999, symptoms from 1997; d. 06/21/08; PSP-rs autopsy confirmed.
eplowman

Postby grannysandim » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:25 pm

Ed,

Hi, how are you doing? I hope all is going well - I already did put something on the sticky as part of the original message. Do you think I should also do it as a reply?

Sandi
wife of Les dx 04/5/05 PSP and dx 5/11/05 Bulbar onset ALS with Frontotemporal LobarDementia - final journey July 13, 2006
grannysandim

Postby cats1424 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:45 pm

Sandi,
Thank you so much for doing this for us. I visit the Recognition website often, it helps. Are you doing ok?
Diana- Husband diagnosed March 28, 2005. Received his angel wings September 17, 2008 64 years old

Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.
Art Buchwald
cats1424

Postby eplowman » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:26 pm

Sandi,

Thank you. All is well here. At least, as well as can be expected. I'm slowly navigating the transition into this "new normal" life. You know about the challenges the transition includes. We who have lost our mates miss them dearly, and we're having to learn to manage without them at our side. It hurts sometimes. Nights can be lonely. There's a healing process involved for us, and it takes time. By God's grace, it will happen.

I am sorry that you ran into problems with the change in servers and programming language. We'll hope for the best.

ed p.
|My wife of 56 years was Rose b. 1930, dx 1999, symptoms from 1997; d. 06/21/08; PSP-rs autopsy confirmed.
eplowman

Postby les » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:18 am

Dear Ed:

You seem so strong. I wish I could be like that.

I still miss my mom desperately. It has taken me 7 months to finally feel like she is gone. I know this may sound strange but I was so close to her.

Lesley
les

Postby grannysandim » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:05 am

Diane,

In answer to your question - I am hanging in - I have often heard that God does not give you more than you can deal with - sometimes I believe that he thinks I have the biggest shoulders in the universe.

Recently I found out that my Dad has COPD, but he is dealing with it, he's 81 but you'd never know it and he still lives on his own.

In being away from work while I was taking care of Les, the people that I trusted to take care of things for me ran the business in the ground (I've heard they did this so they could buy me out....cheap) and the bank basically foreclosed leaving me with no choice but to sell, even after the sale I ended up owing the bank almost a million $'s (that is now down to under $200,000.00) I will be getting the final payment on the business sometime in September and I believe that will get the bank paid off and I will still have my house, my stuff and my meager savings. - This is why I have to move the PSPrecognition site.

I have been without a computer for 3 1/2 weeks because my mother board shot craps and I just got a new one that I am trying to get back in order - that has been the worst but I'm up and running now.

On the brighter side I have been reunited with a "friend" from 38 years ago and other than a few health problems, things are moving along slowly but nicely. He has really helped me deal with the loss of Les, his bestfriend Al, my "sister" from the forum, Pat and my business.

Wow - I just re-read this and it sounds mostly like doom and gloom but really as I sit in my sunroom and look out at all the beautiful things that God has given us and am ever so thankful that I can still enjoy them and not let all the "ugly" get me down too much or to often. So I guess the short answer to your "how are you doing" is.....great, happy to be alive and healthy and happy to believe that Les visits me in the form of different birds, often....so I guess just a little nuts. :lol: which helps me fit in with everyone else.

I hope all is well with you, I do lurk here when I can but it always overwhelms me so much with thoughts of Les and my friend Pat and loosing them that I don't do it often enough.

Take Care and God Bless,
Sandi
grannysandim

Postby grannysandim » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:24 am

Ed,

I am glad to hear that you are doing well, it does not surprise me. I have always thought of you as an inspiration and a man that has it all together. In your time of healing you still find it in yourself to help others, God has truly gifted you. Time does heal, for some of us it just takes a while longer. One of the things that helps me and keeps me going is that I know that Les loved me and wouldn't want me just sitting and moping and feeling sorry for myself - he'd want me to move on and be happy, which I am trying to do, but I still miss the "old" Les the one before his illnesses took him away. (well I'm now crying which is why I don't input here often anymore, it still hurts my heart too much)

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I think your great.

I have followed your suggestion and replied to the sticky post in the General Discussion. I am hoping that there will be very little if any downtime but I didn't want anyone to go looking for the site and it not be there.

I love that you enjoy teaching because I enjoy learning and I have always loved sharing knowledge with anyone that wanted to share. Your lesson is greatly appreciated.

Your Great and thanks,
Sandi
grannysandim

Postby eplowman » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:33 am

Sandi,

Thank you. You are much too gracious and kind. :) (I =was= a college teacher on the side in years past, and a tech advisor on things hardware and software in the 1990s. Old ways keep surfacing too much.)

I think your thoughts about "what Les would want" are exactly so. I sensed the same with Rose in my case, and she even talked about it when she could still speak. But I would remind her that I was more at imminent risk of dying than she was (that was true, and she knew it!), and besides, "If you leave now, where would that leave me??? I NEED you!!!"

Anyway-y-y....

You've offered much solid support for others here, and when things settle down, I hope you return often. It seems we are getting so many new cases of PSP reported here in the forum. We who have been caregivers, lived with the suffering, and learned a few things about the disease and ways to help someone who has it are NEEDED here, I think.

ed p.
eplowman

Postby immacula » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:53 pm

Hi Sandi,

Gosh it is good to hear from you and after reading your update you are doing well. Is that the gentleman that came to the funeral home when Les died and you felt Les had sent him as it had been many years since you saw him last? Good, as it is great to have someone to support you.

I know what it is like to lose a business as well and like you said you still have a roof over your head but most of all you are happy. I think often about Pat and it was truly a shock when you informed us. When I lost John I helped another couple whose husband had PSP and he just passed away last week and through this friendship I was able to give back what I had dealt with dealing with PSP and I found it to comfort me.

It is a really different life after PSP. Readjustment takes so much time but trusting in God is so good as He leads you through it.

Hope to hear from you again......Donna
Donna...wife of John...b.June 3, 1942, died June 16, 2007
St.Jude, Saint of the Impossible
immacula

Bill and Noreen

Postby willru602 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:21 am

Anyone here remember Bill and Noreen. Bill, pwpsp and Noreen his wife, were here till he passed away in 2005. I think they lived in Ocala, FL...I was needing to know their last name and if it was Finn??

And also wanted to mention that I am putting together a PP slide show which I am going to put on a CD or DVD in the form of a scrapbook...I would like to compress the file and create a link but I don't know how to do that...If anyone would like to send pictures with BD, DOD, and other limited information, I'd love to include it in my project. I've been trying to do this since 2003 and lost some of the pictures that were sent to me...

Thanks...Ru

You can email me privately and let me know if you have pictures...etc.
http://photobucket.com/albums/i76/willru602/
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
willru602

Return to The Back Porch