CurePSP Partnership w/Penn Medicine?

Moderators: Moderator, phpBB2 - Administrators

CurePSP Partnership w/Penn Medicine?

Postby boxcar9 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:50 pm

Last May, CurePSP announced a partnership w/Penn Medicine awarding them $600K for research (Drs Lee & Trojanowski).

However, I came across an item of interest indicating that a 2011 paper (authored by the 2 doctors) was "retracted" due to errors and they have subsequently been banned from published with a particular journal for several years.

Here is the link:

http://www.alzforum.org/news/research-news/mistakes-prompt-retraction-controversial-paper-and-publication-ban

The authors have admitted a mistake in two figures in the paper. I am not familiar with the publication process, but I can imagine that mistakes are inevitable.

However, the fact that they have been banned from publishing in the journal for several years concerns me. This seems extreme punishment for the crime, but again, I am not familiar with the scientific publishing process.

I guess I'm just not sure what to make of this and what is CurePSP's stance on this?

Should we be concerned that $600K was donated to scientists who are being "sanctioned" for errors in a publication?
boxcar9

Return to General PSP Discussion